Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Volume Bytes without effect

2017-03-03 15:58:11
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Maximum Volume Bytes without effect
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2017 21:56:53 +0100
On Friday 2017-03-03 16:22:01 Marian Neubert wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> i'm facing an issue with an setup, where Maximum Volume Bytes seems to
> have no effect at all.
> The Pool RemoteFile has only one Volume Remote-0009 with current size of
> nearly 1TB, Status "Append". But the total Byte Size (usage) ist only
> about 300GB.
>
> Could you give me a hint, whats wrong with my config and why the
> creation of new Volumes didn't happen?
>

> Pool-definition:
>
> Pool {
>    Name = RemoteFile
>    Pool Type = Backup
>    Label Format = Remote-
>    Recycle = yes
>    AutoPrune = yes
>    Volume Retention = 180 days
>    Maximum Volume Bytes = 100G
>    Maximum Volumes = 5
>    Action On Purge = Truncate
> }

Hi Marian,

Your pool resource definition looks fine to me.

If you have changed the pool configuration you will have to update
its configuration using the update command from bconsole.
Bacula will do it automatically only when your define a specific
pool resource for the first time. Any subsequent change requires
the use of update command.

--
Josip Deanovic