Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Files are added to catalog at the end of backup

2017-02-02 04:12:54
Subject: [Bacula-users] Files are added to catalog at the end of backup
From: Daniel Heitepriem <daniel.heitepriem AT pribas DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 2 Feb 2017 09:57:07 +0100
Hi guys,

I'm using Bacula 7.4.4 and got a script which runs after every backup
and expects a list of file names which were backed up. Now I noticed
that bacula is writing the files to the Catalog at the end of the backup
process, thus the script receives an empty list and doesn't run
properly. Below I got an excerpt of this script:

export HOME; HOME="/opt/bacula"
export LOG; LOG="$HOME/var/cleanup.$1.log"

echo "Cleaning job $1">>$LOG

$HOME/bin/bconsole <<EOF
@output /dev/null
messages
@output $HOME/var/cleanup.$1.set
llist files jobid="$1"
EOF

for file in $( egrep "^\|" $HOME/var/cleanup.$1.set | sed -e "s/\|//g" )
do
   if [ $file != "Filename" ]
   then
     AGE=$(perl -e  "print (-M \"$file\");"|cut -d'.' -f1) ## Get age of
file

     if test -d $file ; then ## If line is  a directory
       echo "Directory $file ... skipping...">>$LOG
     elif echo $file|egrep '.gz$' 2>&1 >/dev/null ; then ## Test if file
has ".gz" suffix
       if [ "$AGE" -gt "$KEEP" ] ; then
         echo "$file is older than $KEEP days -> removing">>$LOG
         pfexec rm $file  ## Removing files older than 7 days
       else
         echo "$file is younger than $KEEP days -> keeping">>$LOG

In Bacula 5 this issue isn't present so the file list is available
almost instantly. Did something change between the versions regarding
this behavior?

Thanks and best regards,
Daniel Heitepriem