Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Recycling process

2016-03-14 20:22:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Recycling process
From: Santiago Díaz Soler <sdiazsoler AT educ.gov DOT ar>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2016 21:16:51 -0300

El 14/03/16 a las 20:43, John Drescher escribió:
>> Although not your problem (since DRC202L5 was written yesterday), I
>> see that you have a 7 day retention period on these volumes. Not the
>> 60 that is in your config.
>
> Remember that when you change retention periods in the config files
> this applies to new volumes only. To get it to apply to existing
> volumes you need to execute the following 2 commands in bconsole
> (answering the prompts for each command):
>
> update pool from resource
>
> update all volumes in pool
>
> John

John, thanks for the answer.
I set the retention period manually with the bconsole, sorry for not
bringing that up.
Even if the volume was written yesterday, bacula changes the Inchanger
flag and the slot number of the other volume marked as used with the
values from the volume that's supposed to be recycled, and that behavior
makes the recycle process to crash.

Paste from /etc/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/sg2 listall

S:11:EXXXXXXL5
S:12:F:DRC201L5
S:13:F:DRC202L5
S:14:F:XXXXXXL5

At first i thought that it was a retention/volume-use period
misconfiguration, but then I checked that it was a random issue and I
just can't think of anything else.

What do you think?

Thanks for your help.
Regards

--
Santiago Diaz Soler

Área de operaciones
Coordinación de tecnología
Tel.: 4704-4000 interno (3010)

Educ.ar S.E. - https://www.educ.ar
Ministerio de Educación
Av. Comodoro Rivadavia 1151 (CP 1429) - CABA