Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Problem bcopy tape to tape

2015-08-31 09:18:55
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Problem bcopy tape to tape
From: ebourgui <e.bourguinat AT allibert-trekking DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2015 05:27:59 -0700 (MST)
Hello Radosław,

And thank you for your response. Sorry for delay but I was on holidays.

I know that no informations are stored in database with bcopy. That's what I
want (to prevent database size growing too much). These informations are
already stored in database for tape 1 (which is the original tape). Using
bcopy to copy tape 1 to tape 2 (keeping  volume name) would permit to have
exactly same database informations for tape 1 & 2 (and permit off-site
storage for tape 2).
I used this functionality with 5.0.12 version and it worked.

For information I can not use bextract because datas are encrypted with
bacula.

*bconsole content*

*
/usr/local/bacula/var/bacula/working/bacula-dir.restore.132.bsr*

*Files to restore*

Regards,

Eric