Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula BLOCKED waiting for mount

2015-08-03 10:54:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula BLOCKED waiting for mount
From: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 03 Aug 2015 09:32:45 -0500
On 2015-08-03 08:45, Michael Schwager wrote:

> Under v. 5.x, I discovered that Bacula's tape usage algorithm went
> something like this: "Use an eligible tape from the library." I
> discovered (I think) that I could use any tape that met Bacula's
> rewritable criteria. Now, I don't know what the algorithm is.

I had 5.x go from 001_010 to 002_010, then 003_010, etc. even though
there were 5 more blank tapes in magazine 001 and 15 blank tapes in each
002, 003, etc. So I'm pretty sure Bacula's tape selection algorithm is
unpredictable -- at least to an end-user who isn't Kern. You just don't
get hit by it very often.

Dima