Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple full backups in same month

2015-06-25 10:19:19
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Multiple full backups in same month
From: Thomas Lohman <thomasl AT mtl.mit DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 25 Jun 2015 10:01:21 -0400
> On 25/06/15 13:21, Silver Salonen wrote:
>
>>> But why it upgraded the other incrementals in the queue if the first
>>> incremental was upgraded to full?
>
> Because the algorithm is broken. It should only make that decision when
> the job exits the queue.
>
> I filed a bug against this a long time ago, It still isn't fixed.

I believe Alan is right and you're experiencing this bug or something
similar depending on what configuration parameters you have set.

http://bugs.bacula.org/view.php?id=1882

I fixed this particular issue described in the bug report reference
above that we ran into in 5.2.13 along with some other things but never
got those into the main code base.  We're still running 5.2.13 and I
have not had the time to port my changes to 7.0.x but you might be able
to look at my changes to 5.2.13 and make the equivalent changes in 7.0.x.

--tom