Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule backup Job only from incremental

2015-06-12 14:44:27
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Schedule backup Job only from incremental
From: Silver Salonen <silver.salonen AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Fri, 12 Jun 2015 21:42:08 +0300
On 12.06.2015 18:27, Carlo Filippetto wrote:
> Hi all,
> I would like to have a DR site where the machines are clones of the
> production ones.
>
> May I use only the incremental volumes to daily restore them
> (something like sync this machine with the original ones)?
>
> Thank you

Hi.

If you are talking about machines as such then no, because Bacula does
not perform backup from the whole machine, so it would be exactly the
same as a whole. There are Bare Metal Recovery possibilities, but doing
it every day is not the easiest task, I imagine.

If you talk about data, then yes, you could possibly do it, but in that
case something like rsync would be more suitable/easy/optimal.

--
Silver