Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Perl 5.20 upgrade breaks make_catalog_backup.pl?

2015-06-05 14:38:26
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Perl 5.20 upgrade breaks make_catalog_backup.pl?
From: dweimer <dweimer AT dweimer DOT net>
To: Dimitri Maziuk <dmaziuk AT bmrb.wisc DOT edu>
Date: Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:36:57 -0500
On 06/05/2015 12:20 pm, Dimitri Maziuk wrote:
> On 06/05/2015 11:17 AM, Doug Sampson wrote:
>>>
>>> I have been running 5.20 for some time, it did break the script, but
>>> the
>>> fix was rather simple, probably should have posted something to a
>>> mailing list so that it was fixed by now.
>>>
>>> in /usr/local/share/bacula/make_catalog_backup.pl I just changed the
>>> first line from:
>>> #!/usr/bin/env perl
>>>
>>> to:
>>> #!/usr/bin/env /usr/local/bin/perl
>>
>> Ah, that did it! Thanks! Wish I knew about this sooner! :)
>
> The reason you didn't is it defeats the purpose of using env in shebang
> line so nobody who actually understands what they're doing would ever
> think of it.

which is true, I don't know what I am doing, yes the point of the
#!/usr/bin/env perl is to then find the first perl in the users path,
and the above probably should have been stated as a quick work around.
The true fix would be to determine why /usr/local/bin isn't found in the
path in the user context in which it is ran under the job and correct
that.
You will find that even if the change isn't made the script runs
perfectly fine from the command line.

--
Thanks,
    Dean E. Weimer