Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Baculum not working on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS running Bacula 7.0.5

2015-05-31 18:43:46
Subject: [Bacula-users] Baculum not working on Ubuntu 14.04 LTS running Bacula 7.0.5
From: Mike Boyce <niwtechnology AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 31 May 2015 17:38:40 -0500
I'm currently testing Bacula 7.0.5 before deploying it into a production environment.  This is a fresh install of Ubuntu just to test setting up and running Bacula.

The problem I have is that when I set up Baculum according to the instructions included with the file I get an error when pointing my browser at the web server:

Not Found

The requested URL /wizard/ was not found on this server.

Apache/2.4.7 (Ubuntu) Server at 192.168.25.101 Port 80

I've googled this and read as much as I can find, but I have applied all the fixes and double and triple-checked my settings and the solutions that are offered don't apply to me b/c I've already applied the solutions.

I set the document root to the directory that I have baculum in:  /var/www/baculum.  After unpacking it there I changed the ownership recursively the www-data:www-data on that directory.

The other thing I've seen suggested to resolve this is to enable mod rewrite, but I've already enabled it.  It's even in the instructions under the Debian specific part.

Included is my apache config file.  Any help that anyone can provide will be greatly appreciated.

<VirtualHost *:80>
    # The ServerName directive sets the request scheme, hostname and port that
    # the server uses to identify itself. This is used when creating
    # redirection URLs. In the context of virtual hosts, the ServerName
    # specifies what hostname must appear in the request's Host: header to
    # match this virtual host. For the default virtual host (this file) this
    # value is not decisive as it is used as a last resort host regardless.
    # However, you must set it for any further virtual host explicitly.
    #ServerName www.example.com

    ServerAdmin webmaster@localhost
    DocumentRoot /var/www/baculum
    ServerName Ubuntu14-04.boycenet.local
    <Directory /var/www/baculum>
        RewriteEngine On
        AllowOverride All
        AuthType Basic
        AuthName MyPrivateFile
        AuthUserFile /etc/apache2/passwords
        Require valid-user
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
    </Directory>

    # Available loglevels: trace8, ..., trace1, debug, info, notice, warn,
    # error, crit, alert, emerg.
    # It is also possible to configure the loglevel for particular
    # modules, e.g.
    #LogLevel info ssl:warn

    ErrorLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/error.log
    CustomLog ${APACHE_LOG_DIR}/access.log combined

    # For most configuration files from conf-available/, which are
    # enabled or disabled at a global level, it is possible to
    # include a line for only one particular virtual host. For example the
    # following line enables the CGI configuration for this host only
    # after it has been globally disabled with "a2disconf".
    #Include conf-available/serve-cgi-bin.conf
</VirtualHost>

Thanks!
Mike Boyce