Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] "Truncate on Purge" not working

2015-05-28 18:45:57
Subject: [Bacula-users] "Truncate on Purge" not working
From: Doug Sampson <dougs AT dawnsign DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 28 May 2015 22:41:53 +0000
Hello-

I am experiencing the exact same situation as Erik Olsen did when he posted to
the list last week. I have yet to hear from him whether he has succeeded in
truncating purged volumes automatically. I am still getting the message that
there are no volumes to truncate when in fact there are volumes that have been
purged from the MyCatalog catalog. I do not want to have to manually delete
these purged volumes anymore so please do bear with me!

Here's a part of my Jobs definition which is exactly the same for all other
jobs definitions except for the file sets, storage, and pools:

Job {
  Name = "aries"
  JobDefs = "DefaultJob"
  Type = Backup
  Level = Incremental
  Client = aries-fd
  FileSet = "Aries Set"
  Schedule = "ariesWeeklyCycle"
  Storage = FileStoragearies
  Write Bootstrap = "/var/db/bacula/aries.bsr"
  Pool = aries# Set up truncation of purged volumes
  RunScript {
    RunsWhen=After
    RunsOnClient=No
    Console = "truncate storage=FileStoragearies pool=aries"
  }
}

The pool definition:

Pool {
  Name = aries
  Pool Type = Backup
  Recycle = no                        # Bacula can automatically recycle Volumes
  AutoPrune = yes                     # Prune expired volumes
  Volume Retention = 2 months         # one year
#   Accept Any Volume = yes             # write on any volume in the pool
  Label Format =
"Backup_aries-fd_${Year}-${Month:p/2/0/r}-${Day:p/2/0/r}_${Hour:p/2/0/r}.${Minute:p/2/0/r}.${Second:p/2/0
/r}"
  Maximum Volume Jobs = 1
  Action On Purge = Truncate
}

A sample of the "llist volumes pool=aries" command output:

          mediaid: 7,549
       volumename: Backup_aries-fd_2015-03-28_00.05.00
             slot: 0
           poolid: 4
        mediatype: File
     firstwritten: 2015-03-28 00:05:00
      lastwritten: 2015-03-28 00:14:03
        labeldate: 2015-03-28 00:05:00
          voljobs: 1
         volfiles: 0
        volblocks: 46,216
        volmounts: 1
         volbytes: 2,981,449,657
        volerrors: 0
        volwrites: 46,217
 volcapacitybytes: 0
        volstatus: Purged
          enabled: 1
          recycle: 0
     volretention: 5,184,000
   voluseduration: 0
       maxvoljobs: 1
      maxvolfiles: 0
      maxvolbytes: 0
        inchanger: 0
          endfile: 0
         endblock: 2,981,449,656
         volparts: 0
        labeltype: 0
        storageid: 12
         deviceid: 0
       locationid: 0
     recyclecount: 0
     initialwrite:
    scratchpoolid: 0
    recyclepoolid: 0
    actiononpurge: 1
          comment:

As you can see this particular volume in the "aries" pool is marked purged and
actiononpurge = 1.

Running "truncate storage=FileStoragearies pool=aries" produces this:

*truncate storage=FileStoragearies pool=aries
No Volumes found to perform truncate action.
*

# ll /backup
< ..snip..>
    46742 -rw-r-----  1 bacula  wheel                  47712511 Mar 26 00:09
Backup_aries-fd_2015-03-26_00.05.01
    36502 -rw-r-----  1 bacula  wheel                  37325200 Mar 27 00:09
Backup_aries-fd_2015-03-27_00.05.01
  2912695 -rw-r-----  1 bacula  wheel                2981449657 Mar 28 00:14
Backup_aries-fd_2015-03-28_00.05.00
   112302 -rw-r-----  1 bacula  wheel                 114829083 Mar 31 00:09
Backup_aries-fd_2015-03-31_00.05.02
    87207 -rw-r-----  1 bacula  wheel                  89145692 Apr  1 00:09
Backup_aries-fd_2015-04-01_00.05.00
< ..snip..>
#

Can you please tell me what I could be overlooking if at all??? Running Bacula
7.0.5 on FreeBSD 9.3.

~Doug