Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] moving bacula

2015-05-25 21:10:41
Subject: [Bacula-users] moving bacula
From: Ken Mandelberg <km AT mathcs.emory DOT edu>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 20:51:54 -0400
I switched to an updated Ubuntu on a different partition. mysql-server
and bacula are reinstalled, but I moved /var/lib/mysql and /etc/bacula.
The hostname is the same, and a manual invocation of mysql client shows
the bacula database as expected.

However, the bacula director doesn't start and fails with.

25-May 20:21 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog
"MyCatalog", database "".
25-May 20:21 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: mysql.c:210 Unable to
connect to MySQL server.
Database= User=
MySQL connect failed either server not running or your authorization is
incorrect.

What am I missing? If there was a password wouldn't it have moved with
/var/lib/mysql and the /etc/bacula/* config files?