Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Backups to Disk? [SOLVED]

2015-05-25 09:37:12
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Slow Backups to Disk? [SOLVED]
From: Charles Tassell <charles AT islandadmin DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 25 May 2015 10:32:09 -0300
Hi Everyone,

   I just wanted to reply with a thank you to everyone who posted
ideas.  It was definitely a database problem, and I think it was the
attribute spooling which ended up fixing it.  I added Heitor's DB tuning
instructions; used mysqlcheck -m/-o on my DB; and then added "Spool
Attributes = yes" to the default job definition and backups went from
120-130 hours down to 10.  Quite an improvement. :)