Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FD external

2015-05-18 09:19:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FD external
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 18 May 2015 09:17:29 -0400
On 5/14/2015 7:16 AM, kinomakino wrote:

Dear friends, first of all, thanks for everything.

Bacula infrastructure have working for my internal backups within the LAN.
Now I want to make a backup of an external VPS.

NAT have done in my LAN ports 9102 9101 9103.
He tells me not to find the DS.
in my bacula-sd.conf, the storage points to a local ip
in my bacula-dir.conf the storage points to a local ip

Then how  can i configure my bacula to perform local backups within the LAN, and add equipment that  are on the Internet.?

Bacula does have TLS encryption capabilities, so backup over a direct remote connection in a safe manner is possible. The DIR machine must be able to connect to the FD machine's TCP port 9102 and the FD must be able to connect to the SD machine's TCP port 9103. That said, in many cases the remote FD will not have a static IP address or will be behind a firewall. I have found that it is easier to connect remote FDs through an OpenVPN VPN that is configured to assign the FD an IP that is reachable from the DIR.