Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] NFS mount back ups?

2015-05-08 10:35:57
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] NFS mount back ups?
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: 'bacula-users' <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 8 May 2015 14:30:40 +0000

Romer Ventura said:

> I cant omit the fstype = nfs, as bacula will fail since bacula checks for that.

[Based on version 5.x]

I think bacula will check the file system type _only_ if you specify it, and default to “everything” when you omit it.

You can’t even use it for Windows clients.

I don’t specify ‘fstype=’ anywhere, and my backups run fine, of local disks as well as NFS shares (that’s how I back up a NAS on which I can’t install a file daemon).

As far as I understood it, it is optional; you can specify zero, one or more filesystem types to include; and the main (or only) reason why it exists is so you can avoid getting into an endless loop traversing mount points when you set onefs = no.