Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Python in bacula 7 - dynamically assign volume names

2015-04-20 12:30:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] Python in bacula 7 - dynamically assign volume names
From: Steve Lee <steve.lee AT zynstra DOT com>
To: "bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>, "bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net" <bacula-devel AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 20 Apr 2015 16:25:17 +0000

OK - I found in the release notes for 7.0.0

The following features or directives have been removed:
- Win32
- tray-monitor
- wx_console
- Removed cats DBI driver
- Python

So I assume this means python scripting is no longer supported.

If this is the case is there an alternative mechanism for dynamically set volume names?

Label Format doesn't quite do it because it is limited to specific bacula variables or environment variables set during director startup and I need to allocate volume names at run time.

Thanks

Steve