Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Help with monitoring/tunning Bacula v5.2.5

2015-02-19 21:13:03
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Help with monitoring/tunning Bacula v5.2.5
From: Bryn Hughes <linux AT nashira DOT ca>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 2015 18:06:02 -0800
Guessing those 3.4M files are mostly small files?  They are likely scattered across the disk.

Are you backing up to a disk destination, or to tape? From your verbiage I'm guessing to disk...

Have you tried looking at iostat on the source server when a backup is running? I would not at all be surprised to see that your source disks are basically 100% busy if you have a very large number of small files.  What kind of data are you backing up? Is this something like a mail store filled with maildirs or a subversion repository filled with small files?

Bryn