Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't connect to director

2014-12-10 21:02:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bconsole can't connect to director
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: Tim Dunphy <bluethundr AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2014 22:55:15 -0300 (BRT)
This just started happening recently where I can't connect to my bacula director using the bconsole command. It just kinda kicks you out like this:

[root@ops:/etc/bacula] #bconsole
Connecting to Director ops.jokefire.com:9101
[root@ops:/etc/bacula] #

If I look at the bacula-dir service I can see that it died, which would explain why I can't connect.

[root@ops:/etc/bacula] #service bacula-dir status
bacula-dir dead but subsys locked

Taking a look at the logs, it appears that the config is looking to connect to a postgresql database. However I am using MySQL as the DB:

10-Dec 18:48 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: Could not open Catalog "JokefireCatalog", database "bacula".
10-Dec 18:48 bacula-dir JobId 0: Fatal error: postgresql.c:236 Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server. Database=bacula User=root
Possible causes: SQL server not running; password incorrect; max_connections exceeded.
10-Dec 18:48 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
Please correct configuration file: /etc/bacula/bacula-dir.conf
Bacula is compile according to the select database for catalog hosting.
Your Red Hat repositories seems to have packages compiled for Postgresql.
You can always compile and install Bacula for MySQL support:

./configure --with-mysql --with-readline=/usr/include/readline --disable-conio --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --with-scriptdir=/usr/libexec/bacula/ --with-working-dir=/var/spool/bacula/ --with-logdir=/var/log --enable-smartalloc --with-archivedir=/mnt/backup --with-job-email=your AT email.com DOT br

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
12 a 23 de janeiro de 2015 - Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174

My database connection details in the directory config are as follows:

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = JokefireCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
  #dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = localhost; dbport = 3306
  dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "root"; dbpassword = "secret-pass"
}

And these are the bacula programs and libraries that I have installed are:

[root@ops:/etc/bacula] #rpm -qa | grep bacula
bacula-libs-sql-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-common-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-storage-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-libs-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-console-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-director-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64
bacula-client-7.0.5-1.el5.x86_64

I tried uncommenting the dbd driver section of the bacula-dir.conf file and restarted. But I got the same result.

# Generic catalog service
Catalog {
  Name = JokefireCatalog
# Uncomment the following line if you want the dbi driver
  dbdriver = "dbi:mysql"; dbaddress = localhost; dbport = 3306
  dbname = "bacula"; dbuser = "root"; dbpassword = "secret"
}

[root@ops:/etc/bacula] #service bacula-dir status
bacula-dir dead but subsys locked

I'd like to know why my bacula director is operating under the impression that it's using a postgres database. Even when I uncomment the dbdriver section and specify that I'm using mysql. It still seems to be thinking it's using postgres.

How can I correct this section and get my backups on line again?

I'm using bacula 7 under centos 5.9.

Thanks!
Tim

--