Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Paper on Property Backup Migration to Bacula

2014-11-28 08:16:02
Subject: [Bacula-users] Paper on Property Backup Migration to Bacula
From: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2014 10:09:21 -0300 (BRT)
Mr. Bacula Users,

I wanted to write a paper / guide that outlines the process of migrating backup data written with property software for Bacula. I think those are some premises:

1. I know this will probably involve restore the legacy data to a given mount point in the respective servers and backup it again? Maybe with suffix manipulation?
2. And how about changing today job backup date to the real date of the first backup of the legacy data? Anyone has done queries that could share?
3. Whatever you suggest.

Regards,
Heitor Medrado de Faria  - LPIC-III | ITIL-F
12 a 23 de janeiro de 2015 - Treinamento Telepresencial Bacula: http://www.bacula.com.br/?p=2174