Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FileSet file-list question

2014-11-05 06:43:14
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FileSet file-list question
From: heitor AT bacula.com DOT br
To: Alexei Babich <impatt AT tiny-vps DOT com>
Date: Wed, 5 Nov 2014 08:36:19 -0300 (BRT)

I try to use bacula to backup files with windows-machines. In my case,
bacula-director is working on debian linux, and bacula-fd on windows.
In the setting of director, a FileSet, in Include {} section, there is a
record File = "\\<c:/backuplist.dat"; I assumed this directive to
receive a list of files directly on the client machine to get the
contents of the file c:\backupslist.dat. For example, the file has an
entry like "C:/temp" (case sensitive). But when I check FileSet by
"estimate" command, I see that the contents of C:\backupslist.dat not
processed.

Mr. Alexei: did you tried to use: File= "c:/backuplist.dat" instead of File = "\\<c:/backuplist.dat"?
I really wonder what would be the purpose of the \\< behind the file name.

Regards,