Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] No files restored but disk space used?

2014-09-15 04:45:26
Subject: [Bacula-users] No files restored but disk space used?
From: Florian <florian.splett AT web DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 15 Sep 2014 10:38:11 +0200
Hello, everyone.

I am doing final tests with my bacula setup and ran into some weird
behavior.

I set up an autochanger storage and am currently using the same device
for backup and restore.

I did a backup of the entire partition E:/ and browsed the files.
Everything was there.
Then I tried to restore the files to  test-folder (avoiding overwrite).
Bacula created the new Folder E:/Restore/ and the BAT told me the
restore was compelted successfully after about 10 minutes.
I opened the folder and it was empty though. Strangely enough, the
emount of disk space in use on the harddrive increased.

So far I don't have the slightest idea, what the problem may be... When
I first tested bacula on a virtual machine, only backing up 2 small
files, it worked perfectly fine.

Regards,

Florian S.