Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Enterprise Vmware Plugin Cases

2014-09-05 04:57:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula Enterprise Vmware Plugin Cases
From: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
To: Heitor Faria <heitor AT bacula.com DOT br>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2014 10:27:28 +0200
Hello,

Hi there,

I think this is kind of off-topic, but does anyone use Bacula Enterprice Vmware plugin and would be able to write a few lines about its features / usage to a potential client?

Features:
- requires vCenter for backup/restore operations
- support for esx cluster
- clientless solution (does not require Bacula FD installation at vmguest)
- when using SAN transport - LANless solution, either
- no need to install anything on ESX hosts
- support for Full and Incremental (block level) backups with CBT (incremental based on VMware internal track of changed blocks)
- perform a disk images and vmguest configuration backup
- restore as the new (created) vmguest or local to the backup server as a files - no fear to overwrite original machine
- you can select esx host and datastore where you want to restore

It can be deployed in the new environment in a few minutes (I'm able to do it in this timeline). In my deployments I configure an automatic backup of new vmguests when they are created and disable a backup of deleted vmguests, so backup admin does not need to handle it manually. If you have additional questions, just ask.

best regards
--
Radosław Korzeniewski
radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net