Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Update command syntax

2014-06-14 02:15:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Update command syntax
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: "Larry A. Rosen" <larry AT digonex DOT com>, "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2014 08:11:22 +0200
On 06/11/2014 08:18 PM, Larry A. Rosen wrote:
> Is there a way to do "update all volumes from pool" specifying the pool
> without being prompted to use the menu to select the operation?
>
> i.e.  I want to update the retention period of all volumes in the Archive
> pool so I'd like to do something like this:
>
>       update all volumes from pool pool=Archive
>
> or
>
>       update all volumes from pool=Archive
>
> Or am I forced to interactively select from the menu?

Have you tried those commands?  In general, Bacula will use command line
arguments before it prompts, but because the command line interface is
really a "debug" tool, it has grown a bit chaotically and so needs a
redesign (a lot of work) but in the mean time, it is easy to overlook a
place where a command line argument would be handy.

If it does work, it would help if you submitted an update to the doc.
If it doesn't work, please submit a feature request. I would be happy to
implement it.

> There isn't much in the docs about alternative update syntaxes.
No, so as mentioned above any doc help would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Kern