Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie problem: gethostbyname error

2014-06-01 16:54:20
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Newbie problem: gethostbyname error
From: Josip Deanovic <djosip+news AT linuxpages DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2014 22:51:50 +0200
Quoting message written on Tuesday 2014-05-27 04:30:27 by SteveHodge:
> I am trying to get bacula to backup my server to a directory on a NAS
> box, which is permanently mounted as /home/backup on the server The
> backups always fail with a  "bsock.c:203 gethostbyname() for host
> "/home backup" failed: ERR=Authoritative answer for host not found" I
> cannot understand why the director needs to use gethostbyname at all.
> The directory is local to it anyway; and I get the same error when I
> point it at the /tmp directory on the machine itself Here is the
> storage section of my bacula-dir.conf
>
> # Definition of file storage device
> Storage {
>   Name = NAS
> # Do not use "localhost" here
>   Address = /home/backup/MailserverBackup             # N.B. Use a fully
> qualified name here SDPort = 9103
>   Password = "iNe0Athgk0Rjx_FeG3bZFDq94HS6xL5N4"
>   Device = FileStorage
>   Media Type = File
> }
>
> Must be something really simple, but I cannot see it. Please help

Hi Steve,

It is simple.
Address should be the address of the storage daemon, not the path of
the mountpoint that belongs to the storage.

The path for the storage should be specified in the storage daemon
configuration in the Device resource.

Note that there is also a comment that says: "Use a fully qualified
name here".

Regards

--
Josip Deanovic