Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] mount command error does not cancel backup

2014-04-23 09:10:47
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] mount command error does not cancel backup
From: Téïcée Bacula <baculafr AT teicee DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 15:07:47 +0200
Hello Klaas

>> Sorry to insist but am I the only one who've noticed that ?

Notice what? The mount command used in a device don't fail the job? Well
I never needed it.
Having the detail of your mount operation would probably help a bit or
at least knowing in  which context you are trying to do this. In other
words: what put you in this situation? What are your *real* needs?
It seems to me your problem is "elsewhere".

>> How can I solve this problem ?
>>

> I would try creating a run before job that uses ssh to connect to the
> remote machine with the SD and in this run before job check if the
> mount succeeds.

There could be several ways to manage this and IMHO the following should
be valid:
- based on John's answer, you might run a "script before" on the FD
hosted by your SD which will fail the job accordingly. The matter here
is not to actually mount the drive rather  than testing the fact the
mount operation is doing well. If the command fails, then your mount
command will too.
- you might want to use an Admin job too to do the same and managing
enabled parameter accordingly e.g.
- you might also consider to use Messages resource and then "capture"
the mount message and do the appropriate commands / actions accordingly

and there is a lot more to suggest..  If you don't find any help here, I
guess you should explain more on your work.

Greg.

> John

/snip/

--
Vous cherchez une formation Bacula en France et en français ? Alors
contactez Matthieu au 02 72 34 13 20 / commercial AT teicee DOT com pour vous