Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Restoring from a backup file

2014-04-22 22:47:30
Subject: [Bacula-users] Restoring from a backup file
From: Simon Tann <Simon.Tann AT ioof.com DOT au>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 23 Apr 2014 02:13:50 +0000

Hi Guys

I need to check the viability of our backups by performing a test restore.

The machine I am going to test is fully backed up nightly to disk and that file is backed up to tape.

I have had that file restored to disk from the beginning of the year and now need to perform the restore – how do I go about doing this?  If I was doing this with Oracle RMAN I would know what to do, but I am a little lost on how to do it in Bacula.

Regards

Simon Tann
DBA

IOOF Holdings Limited

p +61 8 9324 6085

e simon.tann AT ioof.com DOT au | w www.ioof.com.au

Level 28 Central Park, 152-158 St Georges Tce Perth | WA 6000

Australian Executor Trustees | Bridges | Consultum | Lonsdale | IOOF Multimix | MyAdviser |
Ord Minnett | Perennial | Plan B | IOOF Pursuit | Spectrum Super | Wealth Managers

The information in this email and any attachments may contain confidential, privileged or copyright material belonging to us, related entities or third parties. If you are not the intended recipient you are prohibited from disclosing this information. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately by return email or phone and delete it. We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We use security software but do not guarantee this email is free from viruses. You assume responsibility for any consequences arising from the use of this email. This email may contain personal views of the sender not authorised by us.