Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] 3d party Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository

2014-03-27 07:03:08
Subject: [Bacula-users] 3d party Fedora/RHEL/CentOS repository
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 27 Mar 2014 12:00:58 +0100
Currently, the repository is hosted at:

and provides the latest Fedora packages built also for older releases and RHEL supported platforms (that is non-EOL).

I will try to cotribute in the planned 3rd party repository section on the Bacula's website, providing documentation, references, etc. as best as I can.

At the current status, packages for RHEL/CentOS 5/6/7 are on par with Fedora 19/20/rawhide packages. RHEL 7 ships with almost the same packages by default (you can look at the package changelog).

With the release of version 7.0.0 of the community version I plan to maintain a separate repository that contains this version. The packages will start their life in Fedora rawhide and be available in this repository for all currently supported RHEL/CentOS/Fedora releases.

This is to help people maintaining a consistent installation and not to force an upgrade to version 7.0.0 on critical systems.

Summing up, this is the current status in the distributions:

- el5 (through EPEL) - Bacula 2.4
- el6 - Bacula 5.0.0
- el7/f19/f20/rawhide - Bacula 5.2.13

With the addition of one of the two repositories, users will have the choice of installing version 5.2.13 (as it is now) OR 7.0.0 for all supported distributions, including RHEL 7.

Any questions, requests, comments, regarding RHEL/CentOS/Fedora packages and repositories are welcome.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).

http://xkcd.com/229/
http://negativo17.org/