Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] what does btape actually do?

2014-03-24 10:59:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] what does btape actually do?
From: Randy Schultz <schulra AT earlham DOT edu>
To: bacula-users <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2014 10:52:45 -0400 (EDT)
Hiya,

I'm testing a second setup and accidentally ran across something interesting.

I have a Sun SL-24 hooked to a FreeBSD box.  Before starting a btape test I
had:

   sudo -u bacula /usr/local/share/bacula/mtx-changer /dev/pass5 listall 1
   /dev/sa1 0
   D:0:F:16:000095L3
   D:1:E
   S:1:F:000134L3
   S:2:F:000133L3
   S:3:F:000132L3
   S:4:F:000135L3
   S:5:F:000128L3
   S:6:F:000129L3
   S:7:F:000130L3
   S:8:F:000131L3
   S:9:F:000124L3
   S:10:F:000125L3
   S:11:F:000126L3
   S:12:F:000127L3
   S:13:F:000138L3
   S:14:F:000099L3
   S:15:F:000098L3
   S:16:E
   S:17:F:000137L3
   S:18:F:000140L3
   S:19:F:000097L3
   S:20:F:000094L3
   S:21:F:000136L3
   S:22:F:000139L3
   S:23:F:000096L3
   S:24:F:000093L3

I wanted to run the test on drive 0 but typo'd and ran on drive 1:

   sudo -u bacula btape -c /usr/local/etc/bacula/bacula-sd.conf /dev/nsa1

yes all the tests passed!  It was not until the autochanger test that bacula
even noticed drive 1 had no tape.  So it would seem that btape said it wrote
data to a tape that did not exist.  What am I missing?

--
 Randy    (schulra AT earlham DOT edu)      765.983.1283         <*>

Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
     - Siddhartha Gautama