Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Rename volumes

2014-03-22 05:23:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Rename volumes
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Логинов Илья <joshka93 AT ya DOT ru>, bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 2014 10:17:38 +0100
Hello,

Normally when a volume is purged then recycled, the name is not change.
Bacula just truncates the volume and writes the new data to it. If you
want to relabel a Volume, probably the safest way is to endure the
volume is purged then use the "relabel" command in bconsole.  This
ensures that the catalog is properly updated.  The alternative is to do
it manually, but you risk to leave around old traces of the prior volume
which could cause problems.

Best regards,
Kern