Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] using new LZ0 compression on BackupFiles with GZIP compression

2014-03-13 10:18:10
Subject: [Bacula-users] using new LZ0 compression on BackupFiles with GZIP compression
From: Ralph Cunnington <Ralph.Cunnington AT bib DOT de>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 2014 14:56:59 +0100
@all, giving:
Bacula 5.2.13 on SLES11 SP1, 3 x Unix-Clients

I'm wondering if I could change the compression method on-the-fly between
two backups on the same Backup-Files (Append).

Is there information put on the Backup-Files which compression method was used ?
Can I restore from GZIP-Files when LZO is now aktive ?

Regards
Ralph Cunnington
---
IT-Support und Systementwicklung Paderborn

b.i.b. International College, Fürstenallee 3-5, 33102 Paderborn
Tel:+49(0)5251-30101 - Fax:+49(0)5251-301161
Ralph(dot)Cunnington[at]bib(dot)de -
www.bib.de
Träger: Bildungszentrum für informationsverarbeitende Berufe e.V., Paderborn
Vorstand: Felicitas Schneider, Dr. Bernhard Hartung, Thomas Hommes, Prof. Dr. Michael Löwe
Geschäftsführer: Georg Herrmann / Registergericht: Amtsgericht Paderborn / Registernummer: VR 639