Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)

2014-03-10 13:36:33
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] (no subject)
From: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
To: Gilberto Nunes <gilberto.nunes32 AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 2014 13:33:27 -0400
On Mon, Mar 10, 2014 at 1:14 PM, Gilberto Nunes
<gilberto.nunes32 AT gmail DOT com> wrote:
> Hello friends
>
> I just wanna a suggestions about this Pools, Schedules and Jobs...
> My idea here is using only one file to make Full and Incremental backup...
> It's work quiet well, but I have doubt with Retention Volume...
> When it reach day 30 it's make as used and recycle the volume and start
> backup again over the same volume??
>
> Thanks
>

> The Pool
>
> Pool {
>   Name = Samba
>   Pool Type = Backup
>   Volume Retention = 30 days
>   Recycle = yes
>   AutoPrune = yes
>   LabelFormat = DadosSamba
> }
>

> And the rest:
>

> Schedule {
>   Name = BackupSambaFull
>   Run = Level=Full Pool=Samba 2nd sat at 22:30
> }
> Job {
>   Name = BackupSamba-Full
>   Type = Backup
>   Level = Full
>   Client = server-fd
>   FileSet = DADOS
>   Schedule = BackupSambaFull
>   Storage = BackupSamba
>   Pool = Samba
>   Messages = Standard
> }
> Job {
>   Name = BackupSamba-Incremental
>   Type = Backup
>   Level = Incremental
>   Client = server-fd
>   FileSet = DADOS
>   Schedule = BackupSamba-Incremental
>   Storage = BackupSamba
>   Pool = Samba
>   Messages = Standard
> }
> Schedule {
>   Name = BackupSamba-Incremental
>   Run = Level=Incremental Pool=Samba at 22:00
> }

In your example volume retention will not happen in 30 days. bacula
will fill up the filesystem containing your volume then mark your
volume full asking you to label additional volumes. At the point that
the volume is marked full the 30 days will begin..

The solution to this problem is you must limit the # of jobs run on a
volume, its use duration, volume size ...

Also I do not recommend a single volume as it requires you to
throwaway all of your old backups when you recycle.

John