Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Internet Tolerant

2014-03-06 02:23:48
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Internet Tolerant
From: Luc Van der Veken <lucvdv AT wimionline DOT com>
To: "'bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net'" <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 2014 07:02:19 +0000
Can you verify if your external IP address is the same before and after the
error?

I know of a DSL provider that regularly forces a new external IP address onto
its clients to prevent them running servers on a standard subscription level
(as opposed to a more expensive professional level, which is sold with a fixed
IP).
They don't do it very often - once every 36 hours.
If something like that is happening, all existing connections are lost at that
point, which could explain your problem.

I have several incoming OpenVPN tunnels at my office, some from accounts at
this provider.  They tend go down briefly before automatically reconnecting,
I've always assumed that is when the IP changes.