Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-fd status says not running, debug says running

2013-12-02 02:31:36
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Bacula-fd status says not running, debug says running
From: Vladimir Skubriev <vladimir AT skubriev DOT ru>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 02 Dec 2013 11:28:39 +0400
01.12.2013 01:26, bradbpw пишет:
> I'm new with Linux and Bacula, but I have been trying to figure out some
> issues I'm having with it.  On my client computer, the Bacula-fd claims to
> not be running when i do a status check, but even a restart won't get it
> running.  Weirder yet, a debug shows it running, but then a status check
> contradicts that.
>
> Here is my output.
>

> justin@ubuntu:/var/run/bacula$ sudo bacula-fd -d 200 -c bacula-fd.conf
>
> bacula-fd: filed_conf.c:452-0 Inserting director res: ubuntu-mon
> 30-Nov 15:19 ubuntu-fd: ERROR TERMINATION at bsys.c:438
> bacula-fd is already running. pid=2275
> Check file /var/run/bacula/bacula-fd.9104.pid
>
> justin@ubuntu:/var/run/bacula$ sudo service bacula-fd status
>
>   * bacula-fd is not running
>

> Any ideas on where to start looking? My director can connect to my client via
> a status check in the bacula console, so I'm lreaning towards the Bacula-fd
> is actually on and for some reason the status command isn't working properly,
> or I'm doing some thing wrong issuing the command.
>
> Any help and/or direction would be greatly appreciated!

> |This was sent by bphillips AT bpwgroup DOT com via Backup Central.

Hope this help:

On debian/ubuntu systems bacula startup with init.d sysv init script
/etc/init.d/bacula.
For check why it not starting use init.d script modifications (for example):

ARGS="-d20 -dt -c /etc/bacula/bacula-fd.conf"

do_start()
{
start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --pidfile $PIDFILE \
--exec $DAEMON -- $ARGS >> /var/log/bacula-fd-initd.log 2>&1
}

We added `-d20 -dt` and `>> /var/log/bacula-fd-initd.log 2>&1`

Best regards,

Vladimir Skubriev