Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] how to test tape library with bacula

2013-08-12 16:15:21
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] how to test tape library with bacula
From: Paul De Audney <pdeaudney AT atlassian DOT com>
Date: Mon, 12 Aug 2013 12:41:11 -0700
Hi Depak,

Once you can tell us what you have tested and what is not working, we might be able to provide more detailed help.

You need to make sure you can control your tape drive using the mt command and control the library/autochanger using the mtx command.
For example I make sure that I can list all the tape slots on my autoloader (IBM TS3310) using the following mtx command (mtx -f /dev/sgautoloader status)
My device is using custom udev rules to ensure that the device name is the same. So your device name will be different.