Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] exclude day from schedule

2013-08-05 06:47:59
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] exclude day from schedule
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Mon, 5 Aug 2013 11:44:26 +0100

> I export the Offsite media on Friday morning from the library and move
> it to another location. Because there is no monthly backup in the
> library I also schedule a job a day after the offsite backupin case I
> need to recover from a montly backup immediately. 1stsat is always 1 day
> after the 1st friday, or am i wrong?
>
> You are right that I have two full backups on sunday, it is a mistake. I
> should remove daily backup on sundays.

Exporting the Offsite will make it difficult to do a full restore of the state
on a 1st Friday evening because you would need the offsite tape as well as the
weekly tape (for Friday's incremental).  I.e. 1st Friday's incremental will be
relative to 1st Friday's offsite.

It might be better to split the offsite backups into separate jobs with their
own schedule so they run independently of the the daily and weekly jobs.

__Martin