Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] systems hangs

2013-08-01 19:57:16
Subject: [Bacula-users] systems hangs
From: Lord Sporkton <lordsporkton AT gmail DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Thu, 1 Aug 2013 16:53:25 -0700
Ive noticed a lot of hanging lately, this in the form of jobs that seem to endlessly run as well as bconsole commands that just seem to hang. so far I have hac to control+c to get out of it every time at bconsole the hung jobs have required service restarts as cancel at bconsole has not worked.

bacula is 5.0.0-12.el6 on CentOS release 6.4 (Final)

I'm not getting any specific errors so far and it seems intermittent. most of the time I run a bconsole command and it works just fine,m every now and then it just hangs, when i hangs, restarting bacula-dir seems to help for a while.

I have been getting some of this error but there was some mention that it is a normal error and not cause for alarm.
swapper: page allocation failure. order:1, mode:0x20
Pid: 0, comm: swapper Not tainted 2.6.32-358.14.1.el6.x86_64 #1
Call Trace:

below is a simple example, It just sat there until I had to control+c

*list pools
Automatically selected Catalog: MyCatalog

Since im not getting any messages or logs that indicate a problem, is there something more I can check for?