Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client backup: VSS and/or ntbackup?

2013-03-21 12:39:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Windows client backup: VSS and/or ntbackup?
From: Simone Caronni <negativo17 AT gmail DOT com>
To: Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de>
Date: Thu, 21 Mar 2013 17:36:12 +0100
Hello,

On 21 March 2013 16:14, Christoph Litauer <litauer AT uni-koblenz DOT de> wrote:
So I wonder if VSS won't fit my needs _without_ doing a ntbackup systemstate with clientRunBeforeJob? Will a VSS backup of partition C: save all system relevant information (registry etc.) for disaster recovery?

I've succesfully restored many Windows systems using only VSS. The only thing you will have on Windows Server variants is the popup window with the "unexpected shutdown" message stating that the system was not shutdown properly.

Regards,
--Simone

--
You cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore (R. W. Emerson).