Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] GSOC

2013-02-23 04:56:34
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] [Bacula-devel] GSOC
From: Kern Sibbald <kern AT sibbald DOT com>
To: Radosław Korzeniewski <radoslaw AT korzeniewski DOT net>
Date: Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:38:04 +0100
Hello Radoslaw,

I have considered in the past applying for someone, but after a lot of thought,
I decided not to try.  The main reason is that to properly mentor someone like
that takes a lot of work, and I am already working too many hours.  With Bacula
Systems, I manage a small team of people in the Technical, Training and IT areas,
and doing so brings me a lot of pleasure to see the team learning and growing,
but the time I put into it plus the time I put into design and programming as
well as other general things consumes well more than a normal 100%.

I appreciate the thought and the idea, but don't see how it can be properly
coordinated.

Best regards,
Kern