Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] FW: difficulty reading tapes after upgrade 3.0.2 -> 5.2.12

2013-02-20 15:20:00
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] FW: difficulty reading tapes after upgrade 3.0.2 -> 5.2.12
From: Martin Simmons <martin AT lispworks DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:16:22 GMT

> Thanks for the links.
> I have read a few of those bits, and figured it was backward compatible also.
> Just tried your suggestion and I get exactly the same error.
>
> It really has me stumped, and I'm surprised other people have not come across
> it. Because I get the same thing for every 3.0.2 tape I have tried.
>
> Any other thoughts?

You could try to find out exactly what the SD process has read from the tape,
e.g. using "strace -f -s 1024 ..." or gdb breakpoints.

You could add a file storage device with Archive Device = /tmp, dd the first
block to a file in /tmp and then run "bls -d 200 /tmp/filename" to see what
that says about the label (expect an error about "Wrong Volume mounted on
device").

__Martin