Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full's - Waiting for Storage

2013-02-06 19:17:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Virtual Full's - Waiting for Storage
From: Jean-Louis Dupond <jean-louis AT dupond DOT be>
To: John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>
Date: Thu, 07 Feb 2013 01:13:57 +0100
Op 06-02-13 18:53, John Drescher schreef:
>> Not the pool, your storage has two devices. For multiple devices in a
>> Backup2Disk Storage you have to use a script to emulate a tape library
>> with two or more devices and an autochanger. For Bacula your Backup2Disk
>> storage is like a library with one tape.
> Agreed. For disk based storage I highly recommend using the bacula
> vchanger. This will greatly simplify dealing with multiple disk
> storage devices that you can access via a single virtual autochanger
> device.
>
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/vchanger/
I've been playing a bit with the vchanger and disk-changer now.
But am I right about the following:

You can specify a number of slots, but there is a hardcoded slot limit,
so also a hardcoded Volume Limit?

Because currenly I have "Max Jobs Volume = 1", which causes Bacula to
create alot of different Volumes.
But if I want to use vchanger/disk-changer, I need to have a hardcoded
Volume count?

At least I didn't got it working yet :(