Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] SME Server

2013-01-30 12:22:28
Subject: [Bacula-users] SME Server
From: "compdoc" <compdoc AT hotrodpc DOT com>
To: <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 30 Jan 2013 10:18:45 -0700
Does anyone have experience getting bacula-fd to work on SME Server?

I have tried installing the bacula-client provided in the SME repos, and
installing and compiling by hand. Each with the same results.

There two problems:

1) bacula-fd will not start automatically at boot, but will start and stay
running manually.  However this is not the main problem...

2) I cannot connect to port 9102. Using telnet, I try externally and using
localhost, and the connection is closed immediately. Bconsole cannot report
status either. Says Fatal error: Unable to authenticate with File daemon at
"192.168.1.21:9102" even though passwords are correct on each end.

There must be security mechanism that allows only certain ports. This
morning I thought I could try tcp-wrappers and adding entries to
hosts.allow, but this makes no difference.

Although I understand little about iptables, it seems to allow all local
connections.

Just cant figure it out...