Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] bacula - backup.c:892 Network send error

2013-01-29 13:35:04
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] bacula - backup.c:892 Network send error
From: Josh Fisher <jfisher AT pvct DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2013 13:31:35 -0500
On 1/29/2013 1:03 PM, Rao, Uthra R. (GSFC-672.0)[ADNET SYSTEMS INC] wrote:
> Josh,
>
> I have the Heartbeat interval set to 120 on the server right now. Should I
> change it to "60" and also add "Heartbeat 60" to the client-dir and client-fd
> files??

I think it should be the same value everywhere it is set. The idea is
that the ping at the heartbeat interval prevents the connection from
being dropped by "smart" switches and/or client NIC drivers that attempt
to shutdown the NIC's PHY by going into power saving modes. Technically,
the aggressive sleep modes violate the TCP standards. Bacula relies on a
TCP connection remaining connected. If something happens to drop the
connection, then Bacula sees it as a broken pipe.

> Thank you.
> Uthra

>>> spool.c:301 Fatal append error on device "Drive-1" (/dev/nst0):
>>> ERR=block.c:1045 Read error on fd=5 at file:blk 0:0 on device