Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] where to start?

2013-01-23 12:00:43
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] where to start?
From: Alan McKay <alan.mckay+bacula AT gmail DOT com>
To: Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 23 Jan 2013 11:57:52 -0500
On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 11:22 AM, Uwe Schuerkamp
<uwe.schuerkamp AT nionex DOT net> wrote:
> check the mail archive, I think Ken pointed out a recently published
> ebook about bacula. While I haven't read it myself yet, I think it
> would get you going quite quickly.

Found it ... will try it and let you all know

> What devices are you having issues with? Here's my tape /changer
> definition from one of our servers:

The stuff you gave me got me a little further ... now when restarting
directory I get this :

 * Stopping Bacula Director... bacula-dir
   ...done.
 * Starting Bacula Director... bacula-dir
23-Jan 11:57 bacula-dir ERROR TERMINATION
"fileset" directive in Job "BackupClient1" resource is required, but not found.
   ...fail!

But I'm happy to go try that eBook at the moment to see if it can get
me along.   Will be good at very least for you all to know whether or
not it is truly useful.