Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] How to troubleshoot a slow client, when there is no obvious answer

2013-01-22 16:37:13
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] How to troubleshoot a slow client, when there is no obvious answer
From: Adrian Reyer <bacula-lists AT lihas DOT de>
To: dweimer AT dweimer DOT net
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2013 22:34:14 +0100
On Tue, Jan 22, 2013 at 01:37:43PM -0600, dweimer wrote:
> If you have checked disk I/O, CPU, memory, network, on both the client
> and the server, all seem great, both from a statistics look, showing all

What about many small files, possibly very many in single directories? I
have seen these with huge impact on backup performance, especially on
busy directories.

Regards,
        Adrian
--
LiHAS - Adrian Reyer - Hessenwiesenstraße 10 - D-70565 Stuttgart
Fon: +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 90 - Fax:  +49 (7 11) 78 28 50 91