Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemon and Director version matching

2013-01-16 14:28:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Storage daemon and Director version matching
From: Silver Salonen <silver AT serverock DOT ee>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2013 21:26:43 +0200
On 16.01.2013 18:58, compdoc wrote:
> In the docs it states: "the Director and Storage daemon must always be on
> the same minor release number"
>
> So is it ok to run a remote 5.2.5 Storage daemon with a version 5.2.12
> Director on the server?
>
> major.minor.release

Hi.

Officially, don't try this at home :)

But I've run different versions of SD and DIR on many times and I
haven't had any problems doing so.
I've done it, because sometimes the problem is that DIR is FreeBSD and
thus can have the latest and greatest version of Bacula easily, but SD
is Debian which packaging is much more conservative etc.

--
Silver