Bacula-users

[Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low

2013-01-09 22:25:40
Subject: [Bacula-users] Bacula tapes marked FULL too early - VolBytes too low
From: UserMOP <bacula-forum AT backupcentral DOT com>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Wed, 09 Jan 2013 19:22:54 -0800
It would seem the problem resolved itself.

All our tapes are now getting full at 410GB and over. No tape is under 400GB so
far (about 10 of them swapped around). Do not believe it was tape drive itself.

All we've done to the machine was regular ubuntu upgrades and machine restarts.
Occasionally we would clean the drive with a cleaning tape (even when not
asked). In addition, we ran the tapes through rewinding and weof process before
running each nightly Full backup (did not bother to do this for Differential
sets).

We are happy, atleast for a moment.
 8)