Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot start bacula-fd on Windows XP Professional

2013-01-08 12:38:40
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Cannot start bacula-fd on Windows XP Professional
From: Luca Bertoncello <bertoncello AT frischergehts DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 18:35:53 +0100
Am Tue, 8 Jan 2013 12:11:36 -0500
schrieb John Drescher <drescherjm AT gmail DOT com>:

> > in my case it were errors in the config file most of the time. On
> > one occasion if have screwed the permissions so loading dlls was not
> > possible...
>
> This should be the first place to check since the installer generates
> an invalid config by default (or at least it did for some time).

OK, it was in the config file...
But I can't explain why it already runs...
Today I restarted the machine due to some Windows-Updates, and then it
didn't start anymore...

I changed the config file, in the same place I already changed as I
installed it, and now it runs...

Of course, if bacula would write some error messages, it could help...
On Linux it does, why not on Windows?

Regards
--
Luca Bertoncello
Programmierer

Telefon: 0351 / 30 70 66 - 00
DW:      0351 / 30 70 66 - 22
Telefax: 0351 / 30 70 66 - 01
E-Mail: bertoncello AT frischergehts DOT net

Support Hotline (tägl. bis 23 Uhr)
0351 / 30 70 66 - 99

Geschäftsführung: Michael Noack
Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Dresden HRA 8151
USt.-ID: DE276174185

E-Mail irrtümlich erhalten haben, informieren Sie bitte sofort den
Absender und vernichten Sie diese Mail. Das Kopieren sowie die
Weitergabe dieser E-Mail ist nicht gestattet.

This E-Mail contains confidential and/or legally protected information.
If you are not the correct addressee or have received this E-Mail
erroneously, please inform the sender immediately and delete this mail.
The copying as well as the transmitting of this E-Mail is not permitted.