Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Job Type Copy

2013-01-08 11:47:35
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Job Type Copy
From: Marco van Wieringen <mvw AT planets.elm DOT net>
To: bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net
Date: Tue, 8 Jan 2013 16:44:24 +0000 (UTC)
Olivier L. <olivier <at> luckol.net> writes:

> thanks for your answer
>
> I saw this when the copy jobs are running and it's OK for me.
> But my explanation is that i have after the end of the copy on the tape.
>
> My problem is that "BAT" dosen't see job type "copy job" for a restore.

Correct I think you should read-up on how copy jobs work. That you cannot
restore from the copy job is how things are designed and why it is a different
type of Job in the catalog. A copy is a copy in all senses that you can only
restore from the primary backup not from a copy. But the moment the primary
backup expires the copy gets upgraded to a normal Backup Job and its available
for restore. If you have a Disk2Disk2Tape backup scheme for which copy Jobs
were primary designed this also makes sense. You backup to disk and as long
as that primary backup is available you want to use that as the copy on tape
is always slower to restore. But the moment your disk copy expires and if you
configured your config right the tape (Copy)Job should still not have expired
and it gets upgraded to a normal Backup Job and from then on you can restore
from that Job. Same is true when you do have multiple copies each time the
parent
of the copy expires the child gets upgraded.

Being able to restore from a copy is not implemented as far as I know and is
a feature that might come eventually.

Marco