Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Backup to multiple disks

2013-01-03 15:44:44
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Backup to multiple disks
From: f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 21:39:06 +0100
Hi,

> Does bacula allow me to backup the 20TB(in full initially) over the
> 3TB drives and then do incremental backups swapping the disks as they
> get full?

while looking through many pages for my own problem i stumbled upon
this howto and bookmarked it almost instantly:

http://wiki.bacula.org/doku.php?id=removable_disk#bacula_and_removable_disk_howto

Maybe that helps :-)

Apart from that maybe just setting Removable Media to your Device entry
will just do - haven't tried that either.

Removable media = yes|no

     If Yes, this device supports removable media (for example, tapes or
CDs). If No, media cannot be removed (for example, an intermediate
backup area on a hard disk). If Removable media is enabled on a File
device (as opposed to a tape) the Storage daemon will assume that device
may be something like a USB device that can be removed or a simply a
removable harddisk. When attempting to open such a device, if the Volume
is not found (for File devices, the Volume name is the same as the
Filename), then the Storage daemon will search the entire device looking
for likely Volume names, and for each one found, it will ask the
Director if the Volume can be used. If so, the Storage daemon will use
the first such Volume found. Thus it acts somewhat like a tape drive --
if the correct Volume is not found, it looks at what actually is found,
and if it is an appendable Volume, it will use it.

     If the removable medium is not automatically mounted (e.g. udev),
then you might consider using additional Storage daemon device
directives such as Requires Mount, Mount Point, Mount Command, and
Unmount Command, all of which can be used in conjunction with Removable
Media.

Just my 2 cents ;-)

Frank.