Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 speed

2013-01-02 14:59:25
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] LTO5 speed
From: f.staedler AT dafuer DOT de
To: <bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Wed, 02 Jan 2013 20:57:13 +0100
Hi Jesper,

> Well, if you are sending uncompressible data, then above picture
> looks like a fully saturated LTO5-drive operating at optimal speed
> since the 140MB/s are for compressible data to the drive.

thanks for your quick answer. So the sound of the drive like starting
and stopping in about 10 second intervals are normal?

While writing this - is maybe Maximum File Size of SD the reason? Since
transferred data is about 1GB and it is writing an EOF mark to tape? If
so, a full tape will have about 1500 EOF marks - can I safely put it to
a higher value? As far as I understand the only drawback are maybe
slower restores of files. But I don't think that would be a problem,
since new data arrive in 5-10GB chunks.

Thanks,

Frank.