Bacula-users

Re: [Bacula-users] Running Client Script

2012-12-21 17:07:45
Subject: Re: [Bacula-users] Running Client Script
From: Tilman Schmidt <t.schmidt AT phoenixsoftware DOT de>
To: bacula-users <Bacula-users AT lists.sourceforge DOT net>
Date: Fri, 21 Dec 2012 23:04:49 +0100
Am 21.12.2012 18:46, schrieb Joseph De Nicolo:
> I need to run a script that will backup my web server's mysql database.
[...]
> The script needs to run before the backup job obviously, but only on the
> client, and the job should continue whether its successful or fails.
> Here is my script:
>
> RunScript {
>    Command = "/var/backupmysql.sh"
>    RunsWhen = Before
>    RunsOnFailure = yes
>    RunsOnClient = yes
>    RunsOnSuccess = yes
>   }
>
> Now my question is.. should my script(backupmysql.sh) be located on the
> backup system only, the client only, or both?

On the client only.

> I'm not sure if bacula
> takes the script locally and ports it over to the client or if it
> searches fo the script on the client itself.

The latter.

Also, for RunsWhen=Before, RunsOnSuccess and RunsOnFailure are
meaningless. In order to have the backup job continue regardless
of the result of mysqldump, just make sure your script always
returns 0, eg. by putting an "exit 0" at the end.

HTH
T.

--
Tilman Schmidt